Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

07/21/09 - SLAA - Forfeit

I was going to work the bases -- my first in a while. The local field's Juv II team (Tigers) against a team I'd never seen before. When we walked onto the field, the visiting team only had 5 players -- and no coach. We completed ground rules with an assistant coach and started the timer. After 15 minutes, no other players (or the coach) arrived. I received my show-up pay and left.

I hate forfeits. Everyone that shows up took the time to get there, but the game can't be played because of someone else not taking the time to do it. This is the first forfeit of the year, and it happened on the last game of the season for the park. I might get an All-Star game, but I think we're doing the smaller kids, so I may not be interested.

Being the last game, that makes it my last baseball game of the year. I've got softball starting in about a month.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home